Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day



Well...for anyone who knows me very well, knows what my Memorial Day entails. I usually spend the Saturday before at the cemetery with my mom helping her mark Veteran graves. It is an all-day affair as there are over 1100 graves that we have to mark. I have been helping her for about 16 years so it has become sort of a Mother/Daughter Day! We know that it is our day to spend together with nobody else around. I LOVE helping her! We have started to have issues in the last few years....well actually since I have been married to Jerald.....MEN....always causing problems! LOL Jerald always makes plans for that weekend and then we argue because I can't go on Saturday. Same argument every year. Well this year, it all started the same way.....He made plans to go to Lake Altus on Friday and I told him that I couldn't go till Sunday. BLAH BLAH! Long story short....I realized that I could go help her on Thursday & Friday since I am not working. Anyways....I went to Borger Thursday afternoon and we worked a little Thursday evening and then we worked all day Friday to finish up! I got back to Canadian and we loaded up and left for the lake! Finally....everyone HAPPY!! :)

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!!


We had a wonderful weekend at the lake. It is truly a beautiful lake and one of these trips, I am going to go explore some more and see what other things we can find! All the kids had a blast jumping off of a small cliff (it was HUGE to them).


We had some thunderstorms that showed up all weekend but it sure made for some pretty skies.
Overall, the weather wasn't too bad....not too hot but not too cool either!




Everyone had a great time and the kids were exhausted in the evenings...they played hard all day and slept really good at night! Here is Courtlynn & Brandon..(I think she has a little crush on him)...one of my fav pics!! She was SOOOO tired! There was lots of time to just hang out and relax around the fire and have a few beers! It sure was nice to just sit around with good friends and good drinks and interesting conversations!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend and I hope you remembered what it is all about.

THANK YOU TO ALL THE VETERANS WHO HAVE SERVED AND THOSE WHO CONTINUE TO SERVE THIS GREAT COUNTRY!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

2 comments:

  1. i'm glad it all worked out for everyone! looks like yall had a great time! LOVE all the pics, especially the rainbow one at the top!
    God Bless all those who served and still do!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Jeralds coozy!!! Yeah, I noticed... Glad y'all had fun! Twinkly butt looks t-i-r-e-d! Now if we can get you in a boat...and over your fear! Trust us...muahahahaha. ;)

    ReplyDelete